Aussiereviews will consider books by Australian authors for review, but due to the large numbers of books received cannot guarantee a review of every book.
Our review policy is as follows:
- We only review books written and/or illustrated by Australians.
- Requests for reviews should be made via email (through our ‘contact’ page) with details of the book – a press release, or details of genre, length, subject matter and publisher. We will request a review copy, and provide a postal address, if the book seems likely to appeal to us.
- We prefer to hear from publishers rather than authors. This allows a professional distance between author and reviewer.
- We do not guarantee to review every book that we receive, though we endeavour to review as many as possible. We try to run reviews within three months of receipt.
- Although we do not review every book we receive, sometimes a book which is not reviewed will be discussed by us in other ways, such as in person or elsewhere online.
- At present our focus is largely on children’s and young adult books. Although we review some adult titles, our preference is for books for younger readers.
- We do not respond to every request for a review. This is simply because of the overwhelming number of emails received.