Another wonderful visitor. I am delighted to welcome Allison Reynolds to the blog today, here to tell us about her newest book. Welcome Alison.
1. Give us the details – title, publisher, illustrator, release date.
Author: Alison Reynolds
Illustrator: Heath McKenzie
Release date: June 1 2013
2. Why did you write the book?
The publisher commissioned me to write a picture book about a bushranger.
Somehow, Jack and Hector’s story emerged.
3. How long from idea to publication?
About 14 months.
4. What was the hardest thing about writing it?
It was difficult to think of how to have a bushranger book suitable for very young children.
5. Coolest thing about your book?
I feel very lucky to have Heath McKenzie as the illustrator. I love how he captures the essence of the words, and transforms it into something amazing.
I couldn’t wait to see how he would interpret the outlaw/monster in The Littlest Bushranger
Also, I really like how he sneaked in an illustration of Hector the dog on every page.
6. Something you learnt through writing the book?
I realised how much I use my own childhood in my writing. My backyard was my entire world, and I loved recapturing that feeling in this book.
7. What did you do celebrate the release?
Booked myself a holiday, which will be known as The Littlest Bushranger holiday.
8. And how will you promote the book?
I’m having a blog tour to celebrate The Littlest Bushranger . We’re saddling up for it on Tuesday, 11th June. I’ve managed to get some excellent prizes,
including a piece of Heath McKenzie’s fabulous artwork. I’m also having a few signings.
9. What are you working on next?
I have a YA that wants to be revisited.
10. Where we can find out more about you and your book?
I would love to see you there.
Thank you for inviting me onto the Aussiereviews blog, Sally!
You’re welcome Alison. It’s lovely having you here.